Rap Worlds Forums

Rap Worlds Forums (http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big L (http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Big L was WACK - Overated New York HYPE (http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19825)

Kataracks 07-29-2004 11:29 PM

Re: Big L was WACK - Overated New York HYPE

I guess nowadays alotta kids gonna listen back to L's joints and not see what the big fuckin deal was cuz now you got plenty rapeers (Lloyd Banks, Fab, Jada, Jigga<--before retirement, etc) who, in their own way, kinda built their styles on the foundation he laid down back then (ask them personally who their top 5 favorite rappers of all time is and L is gonna pop on 99.9% of their lists). Back then he was like a breath of fresh air and nobody could touch his flow, wordplay and wit at the time. The point is, dude was fuckin crazy and if he had been around till today there aint no tellin what level he woulda been on right now. He set a whole new standard for spittin and woulda prolly taken it to even higher levels.

To me, Ebonics was just a little above average compared to most of the shit he laid down (especially on mixtapes) He just had raw talent...........period......

Assazin 07-29-2004 11:54 PM

Never Big L was better than Jay-Z. He had flows plenty of them so many people just dont understand how cold he was. His first album was hot plus on the Big Picture he spit that goodness.

omicron 08-01-2004 07:02 PM

big L was so underrated man....
hes fucking dope

Wyld Kard 08-02-2004 01:39 AM

lol@thisthread

Kingpin187 08-12-2004 02:57 PM

he should be in da hip hop hall of fame

skillz-penis 08-23-2004 11:25 AM

he was dope but he wasnt great like pun

ARDENT 08-23-2004 01:00 PM

get some respect muthafucker L was pure fire

u just listen to 98 Freestyle an tell me that was "aight at the most"

dumbfuck

D-Illar-1 08-23-2004 01:08 PM

^One of the illest frees ever.

Esocra 08-27-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amneziac85
Straight up, Big L was AIIGHT at the most, hes nothin but standard New York hype. Get it straight...he aint missed.

I can sort of see where you're coming from only because the recognition of Big L as a top tier MC only surfaced after his death. Big L, in his time, was easily the best MC out of Harlem.

omega 09-02-2004 08:48 AM

l was the fucking shit i dont give a fuck who says he wasnt, he could destroy eone of us with his shit