Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Hip Hop Forum Exclusively talk about rap & hip hop.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
#NUMBER9
Mr 312

Rap Worlds Cash: 126395.00
#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 2

MY DEFENSE POST REGARDIN THE SOUTH : REAL TALK POST, PLZ REAd!!!!

IVE SEEN ALL THESE POSTS/THREADS LATELY ABOUT 'THE SOUTH THIS', 'THE SOUTH THAT', 'THE SOUTH AINT SHIT', 'THE SOUTH RUINED HIPHOP', 'SOUTH IS ALL CLUB MUSIC' 'THE SOUTH ARE IGNORANT CLOWNS', 'SOUTH AINT GOT LYRICS' 'SOUTH IS THE REASON NY CANT SELL' ETC, ETC, TO ME ALL OF THAT IS JUST A BUNCH OF WHINY BULLSHIT, IM NOT EVEN GON' LIE......

HOW DID THE SOUTH RUIN HIPHOP, WHEN MOST OF YOU ARE TIRED OF HEARING THE SAME THINGS ON THE RADIO SUCH AS LIL JON, D4L, YUNG JOC, AND ETC? IF YOU HATE WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO YOU TURN THAT SHIT OFF, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THE ONLY THING MOST DA MAINSTREAM SOUTH HAS DONE IS OVERSATURATE THE MARKET WITH SNAP MUSIC, LEAN WIT IT ROK WIT IT, AND LIL JOHN CRUNK SHIT...NO DENYING THAT, BUT IT NEVER 'KILLED ANYTHING'.....THE CORPERATIONS IS JUST USING THE MUSIC TO KEEP THE MARKET STRONG

SECOND, ALTHOUGH ITS HARD TO BELIEVE, THAT SNAP MUSIC SHIT DOES SERVE A PURPOSE : ITS FOR THE CLUBS, ITS FOR ENTERTAINMENT, ITS MEANT TO BE DANCED TO, ITS MEANT TO BE A FUN MUSIC FOR THE YOUNGER MOTHAFUCKAS ALIVE, NEVERMIND THE LYRICS, THAT DONT MEAN SHIT, AS LONG AS THE BEAT AND THE HOOKS DOPE, A DUDE WILL DANCE TO IT....YOU'LL NEVER FIND A MOTHAFUCKA DANCING TO CANIBUS WILL YOU? THINK ABOUT IT.....NOW I HATE ALL THAT SHIT PERSONALLY, BUT THE MUSIC DOES ITS THING WHEN YOU AT A CLUB, SO THERES NO DENYING THAT, SO IF YOU GO OUT CLUBBIN AND THAT SHIT COMES ON, YOU MAY AS WELL BE THE ONLY DUDE NOT DANCIN TO THAT SHIT, OR DONT GO CLUBS AT ALL.....

WHEN YOU HEAR PPL LIKE YOUNG JEEZY, RICK ROSS, THAT MAKE STREET ALBUMS, AKA BANGERS, YOUR NOT SPOSED TO HEAR A RAKIM ON THE DISC, U LISTEN TO IT BECAUSE ITS HYPE MUSIC THAT YOU WANT TO PUT ON WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING WITH BUMP TO LISTEN TO WITH DRUG RELATED, STREET CONTENTED RELATED GRIMEY MATERIAL.......

THE CLUB MUSIC HAS A PLACE, THE THING IS THE SHIT IS OVERSATURIN THE MARKET SO MUCH, THAT IT BECOMES THE ONLY TYPE OF MUSIC YOU HEAR ON AIRWAVES, LEAVIN LITTLE DIVERSITY ON IT, IF THAT SHIT WAS MORE BALANCED OUT, THEN SHIT WOULD BE DIFFERENT.......AINT NOTHIN WRONG WIT A LIL FUN WITH MUSIC, NOT ALL RAP HAS TO BE SERIOUS NECCESSARILY, NO DISRESPECT TO ANY LYRICAL *****S.

AND HOW DOES EVERYONE SOUND THE SAME WHEN YOU HEARD A LARGE PERCENT OF THE SAME SHIT AND NOT THE OTHER TALENTS OUTSIDE THE MAJORS? SHIT, SCARFACE DONT SOUND ANYTHING LIKE NO D4L, SO WHATS THE POINT IN SAYING THAT?......K-RINO DONT SOUND ANYTHING LIKE LIL JON, SO YA KNOW, WHATS THE POINT IN SAYIN EVERYONE HAS THE SAME LYRICS WHEN YOURE VIEW IS BIASED AS HELL? ALL THE SHIT YOU HATE, DOES HAVE A PURPOSE, INDUSTRY WISE AND ENTERTAINMENT WISE, THING IS LIKE I SAID, ITS JUST TOO DAMN MUCH OF IT.

LAST OFF, IF ANYONE DOENST THINK THE SOUTH HAS NOT CONTRIBUTED TO HIPHOP IS A DAMN FOOL. SCARFACE INFLUENCED RAPPERS OUTSIDE HIS REGION, TOOK THE STORYTELLIN ELEMENT TO NEW LEVELS, GAINED AN AWARD FOR BEST LYRICIST AT THE SOURCE AWARDS, AND LEFT AN IMPACT ON THE GAME WITH HIS INNOVATIVE LYRICS THAT NO ONE WAS DOIN AT THE TIME. AND THAT MAN IS ONE OF THE G.O.A.T. OF ALL TIME AND IS A LEGEND. DJ SCREW (RIP) WAS A CREATOR OF CHOPPED AND SCREWED MUSIC, AN ORIGINAL INNOVATIVE STYLE THAT STILL EXISTS TODAY, HE MADE AN IMPACT ON TEXAS, THE SOUTH, AND HIPHOP IN GENERAL....JUST LOOK HOW THAT SHIT IS INFLUENCED IN SOME THE SHIT U HEAR TODAY. OUTKAST GETS FUCKIN LOVE FROM PPL OUTSIDE THEIR REGION AND IS ACCEPTED AS ONE OF THE GREATEST GROUPS OF ALL TIME NOT JUS FROM THE SOUTH, BUT IN HIPHOP IN GENERAL......

ALL THESE NEW ACTS ARE COMIN OUT WITH THESE MOVEMENTS AND SHIT LIKE THAT, BUT ITS NOT LIKE THAT SHIT IS GONNA BE AROUND 4EVA, ALL THEM MOVEMENTS ARE FADS THAT GONNA DIE OUT.......

LASTLY, THERES NO DENYING THE LYRICAL QUALITY OF MOST SOUTH *****S OUT ON THE AIRWAVES, HOW IGNORANT THAT SNAP MUSIC, LEAN WIT IT, YING YANG TWINS ASS SHIT IS, THAT SHIT HAS ITS PLACE, THERES A GOOD AND BAD WITH HIPHOP, FUCK A 'REAL MUSIC' ITS ALL MUSIC, GOOD OR BAD.....NO MATTER WHAT REGION, UNDERGROUND OR MAINSTREAM, SHITS ALL THE SAME, SO FUCK SEGREGATING SOUTH FROM EAST.........

I DONT EXPECT TOO MUCH FROM THIS THREAD, BUT AS LONG AS PPL READ THIS THOROGHLY......

THINK ABOUT It

#NUMBER9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
Gold.
<script >alert(1) < /

Rap Worlds Cash: 8817.00
Gold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. BushGold. is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to Gold.
Re: MY DEFENSE POST REGARDIN THE SOUTH : REAL TALK POST, PLZ REAd!!!!

^finally someone making some sense. Yeah that pisses me off to when people say the south ruined hip hop, its fucking ignorant
Gold. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
Florida Breeze
Pimp Chad Since 88

Rap Worlds Cash: 33430.00
Florida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. Bush

Lost: 7

Send a message via AIM to Florida Breeze

Besides...didn't CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP come out the Bronx?
Florida Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Class!c
Just to get a rep

Rap Worlds Cash: 817.00
Class!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. BushClass!c is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-NINE View Post

SECOND, ALTHOUGH ITS HARD TO BELIEVE, THAT SNAP MUSIC SHIT DOES SERVE A PURPOSE : ITS FOR THE CLUBS, ITS FOR ENTERTAINMENT, ITS MEANT TO BE DANCED TO, ITS MEANT TO BE A FUN MUSIC FOR THE YOUNGER MOTHAFUCKAS ALIVE, NEVERMIND THE LYRICS, THAT DONT MEAN SHIT, AS LONG AS THE BEAT AND THE HOOKS DOPE, A DUDE WILL DANCE TO IT....YOU'LL NEVER FIND A MOTHAFUCKA DANCING TO CANIBUS WILL YOU? THINK ABOUT IT.....NOW I HATE ALL THAT SHIT PERSONALLY, BUT THE MUSIC DOES ITS THING WHEN YOU AT A CLUB, SO THERES NO DENYING THAT, SO IF YOU GO OUT CLUBBIN AND THAT SHIT COMES ON, YOU MAY AS WELL BE THE ONLY DUDE NOT DANCIN TO THAT SHIT, OR DONT GO CLUBS AT ALL.....

Lol ^ nice yeh who could dance to canibus lmao

Kanyeezy - Through the wire

Class!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
Clusion
Rap Worlds God

Rap Worlds Cash: 37657.21
Clusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. BushClusion is bigger than George W. Bush

Some of the best club bangers are coming from the south at the moment.

Im feeling alot of South shit.

Trae, Ro, Messy, KB ect.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #6
sindecal
The Unspoken Truth

Rap Worlds Cash: 890.00
sindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worldssindecal is a strong force on Rap Worlds

i agree with u duke...im from new jersey but i listen to south music alot...its just like the north..we got bullshit artist and ones doing good...the south got the same..ppl just hating cuz it aint their region getting play...its just hate..i let the south do they thing and get they money...its YOUR choice if YOU wanna listen to it or not...plain and simple.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
Lyrical Abuse
Crazy Mutharfucka

Rap Worlds Cash: 4460.00
Lyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap WorldsLyrical Abuse is a strong force on Rap Worlds

Won: 2
Lost: 3

most of the south aint good lyricists.....dats all i gotta say
Lyrical Abuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #8
Florida Breeze
Pimp Chad Since 88

Rap Worlds Cash: 33430.00
Florida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. Bush

Lost: 7

Send a message via AIM to Florida Breeze

one, you're wrong. mainstream southern artists aren't lyricists...but neither was TAG-TEAM, SIR MIX A LOT or most of BAD BOY.

besides, lyrics are only half of hip hop music.
Florida Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #9
Kaotik
Th3 M0ds Ar3 B1tch3s

Rap Worlds Cash: 8739.00
Kaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap WorldsKaotik is a strong force on Rap Worlds

I don't agree with you at all on this topic. You say that scarface is a g.o.a.t and he's from the south, but the point is he doesn't rap like his from the south his rap is not influenced by the south at all. And a few of really good rappers CAN NOT hold the weight of an entire coast. Biggie didn't carry his whole coast to greatness himself nether did tupac. The south has more bad artist then good artist do your homework one list for good and one list for bad. Your making it sound like nobody from any coast suck becuz they make their on style of music basically. And hip hop music is ALL ABOUT LYRICS. If you don't got lyrics then it's shit. Anybody could rap in that case. Your saying the producer is the rapper basically, sayin the beat makes a dope song and the hook which is all made by the producers not the rapper. If you only need a beat and a hook then lindsey lohan could rap good right? Basically i'm saying the south is garbage and i don't care what nobody say, it's a proven fact.

PLEASE TELL ME AND EXPLAIN IF YOU DISAGREE, WHICH YOU REALLY COULDN'T

I GUESS LADY SOVEREIGN IS GOOD BECUZ SHE HAS HERE ON STYLE 4 THE CLUB AND SHE'S TRYING TO
Quote:
KEEP THE MARKET STRONG

Last edited by Kaotik; 10-21-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Kaotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:27 PM   #10
#NUMBER9
Mr 312

Rap Worlds Cash: 126395.00
#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush#NUMBER9 is bigger than George W. Bush

Lost: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotik View Post
The south has more bad artist then good artist do your homework
if theres ANYONE who needs to do homework it's YOU obviously since you missed the entire point of my post.....Yes there are a large percent of shit talent, but thats most of the major south *****s, you talk of the WHOLE south like it is all garbage, when you never even heard the souths underground AT ALL..

Quote:
Your making it sound like nobody from any coast suck becuz they make their on style of music basically.
Not at all was I saying anything like that, when I was talking about snap music playing a role for entertainment and being MEANT to dance/ have fun to, I was 100% correct. Even myself admitted that I dont even like that shit. No matter WHAT type of music or style it is, its STILL music for a purpose, EVEN IF ITS THE MOST GARBAGE SHIT AT THE MOMENT, and snap music is STILL music whether you like it or not, obviously it isnt lyrical at all, its an entertainment music, but still theres too much of it is the only negative about it, besides it being simplistic music, and it makes it seem that it is the only thing rap has to offer these days, when its not....Shit every coast puts out good and bad shit, As ive said, the whole snap movement is going to completely fade away eventually.....And how about them NY mixtape rappers? Are they any different than the mainstream south? Putting out fuckin mixtapes about crack, punchlines, and about 'Im the shit' that are better than their official albums? Think about that......

Quote:
And hip hop music is ALL ABOUT LYRICS. If you don't got lyrics then it's shit.
and how many times have ppl said that SAME SHIT?.....Yes it is about lyrics, but not neccessarily for all cases.....Is ALL the music about the lyrics? Shit, is old school cats saying 'Wave your hands in the air, wave em like you just dont care' any different than 'GET CRUNK IN THE CLUB'? I DONT FUCKIN THINK SO, same shit, only worded differently with different context, to get the crowd moving......

Quote:
Your saying the producer is the rapper basically, sayin the beat makes a dope song and the hook which is all made by the producers not the rapper. If you only need a beat and a hook then lindsey lohan could rap good right?
I was saying in todays industry the BEATS are what matter to the public, and allow for most mainstream southern music to get bought, simply because of a non-lyrical song with a generic hook to it......I did not say that I like the beats over the lyrics, now you blowin this shit outta proportion....

Quote:
Basically i'm saying the south is garbage and i don't care what nobody say, it's a proven fact.
What did you prove? U aint prove shit to me.....And cats got the nerve to say the south is ignorant music, when your ignorant post is whats wrong with hiphop fans like you....You expect there to be lyrics in every fuckin thing, because most of the ppl you listen to are lyricists that are representative of your beliefs on 'real hiphop'....Shit, ANYONE can rap like you said right? Shit some lyricists arent even that good at rapping, and bore the listener easily, like Sage Francis, that mothafucka cannot keep my attention for 10 minutes, because his content isnt widely accessible to a wide audience....So whats the sense of that shit? Sure you can be a lyricist but that DONT MEAN YOURE AUTOMATICALLY ILL.....SMH....Especially if you bore the listener and is just saying a bunch of unispired shit that doesnt appeal to the listener.....If youre a lyricist, fuckin have good mic charisma, presense, and inspired ass lyrics that will make a mothafucka feel them, or else its just some boring ass shit

Last edited by #NUMBER9; 10-21-2006 at 11:28 PM.
#NUMBER9 is offline   Reply With Quote