Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Entertainment & Comedy Corner
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Entertainment & Comedy Corner Talk about Video Games, Films, TV

Tags
author, best novel ever, great novel, last book you read, rate novels

Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
The Troof
Super Fly

Rap Worlds Cash: 232643.00
The Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 2
Lost: 0

Last Book You Read

Name the book you last read and give it a rating.

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert - 9/10

Great book. Simple plot, but very intruiging and complex in other ways. Never read many books that suceeded at doing so, but this did. Not for everyone as I can see people getting bored at points, but still a great read.

Quote:
[21-09, 01:32] sellindatcrack yo keep pushin me and i'll get verm to murk ur moms too

The Troof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
LiquidSword
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 185.00
LiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billzLiquidSword has tha skillz to pay tha billz

Re: Last Book You Read

Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut 8/10

Really enjoyed reading this novel. I highly recommend it.

From the back cover:
"Mother Night is a daring challenge to our moral sense. American Howard W. Campbell, Jr., a spy during World War II is now on trial in Israel as a Nazi war criminal. But is he really guilty? In this brilliant book rife with true gallows humor, Vonnegut turns black and white into a chilling shade of gray with a verdict that will haunt us all."
LiquidSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
OMEKBEATS
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 165.00
OMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. BushOMEKBEATS is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via ICQ to OMEKBEATS Send a message via MSN to OMEKBEATS

"Make it Happen" - Kevin Liles

Great Book! Must read!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
Houston
Houston

Rap Worlds Cash: 1870.00
Houston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. BushHouston is bigger than George W. Bush

damn i aint read a book since last year.. we gonna be readin Brave New World for english in these next couple weeks. i heard it was good... i hope it is, i spent $5 to buy it.
My City. Screw's City. Home of the caddys, slabs, blades, swangas, chrysler 300's, lean, dodge chargers, chopped & screwed, the grey cassette, comin' down, poppin trunk, bangin' screw, Houston, TX. What Ya Know 'Bout It.
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
The Troof
Super Fly

The Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. BushThe Troof is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston View Post
damn i aint read a book since last year.. we gonna be readin Brave New World for english in these next couple weeks. i heard it was good... i hope it is, i spent $5 to buy it.
Yeah, I think it's a great book. One of my personal favorites since high school.

Quote:
[21-09, 01:32] sellindatcrack yo keep pushin me and i'll get verm to murk ur moms too

Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
SuperConscious

Rap Worlds Cash: 680.00
SuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. BushSuperConscious is bigger than George W. Bush

5150, rue des Ormes

It was written by Patrick Sénécal, a guy from the province of Québec, in Canada, which is where I come from. The story goes like this: a young college student rides on his bicycle and falls after being distracted by a cat. He's scraped and goes to this precise adress: 5150, rue des ormes (OR: 5150, elm street) to ask for medical help. He encounters a rather normal looking family. The wife of the man who greets him in his house takes care of his scrape. Then he asks her (or him, I don't remember) if he can use the bathroom.

Then things start to get strange. When the student is done in the bathroom, he hears a strange moaning in the room next to him so he decides to check out what's going on. He sees a man lying in a puddle of blood, agonizing. The man who greeted him before realizes the student saw that and gets pissed and decides to lock the student in the room as he brings down the stairs the agonizing man. And later on, he tells him that the only way he can get out of this room is by winning to a game of chess.

I won't go into further details, but the man who greeted him has a chess board with dead human pawns, kings, queens, towers and all the fucking rest.

There's even a movie based on that book

Now I didn't tell you all because it would take a while for me to type it down. But I liked that book and I would eagerly read it again. Right now I'm reading a book titled: Tortures: Made In USA and it's about a treatee or something of that sort that was signed by Donald Rumsfeld allowing 3 different categories of tortures or something of that sort.
SuperConscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
ClintEastwood
Banned

Rap Worlds Cash: 1279342.00
ClintEastwood is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Won: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Hodstort**
Cat Inn ThE Hat ,It WaS OK But I StRugglged With ThE Big WoRdssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ClintEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
J.R.
F.Y.I.R.B.

Rap Worlds Cash: 2376470.31
J.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 2

Send a message via MSN to J.R.

Aztec by Gary Jennings 10/10 iMo. I'm actually reading it again 'cause I liked it so much.
The way the guy tells the story it's as if he was there in mexico (cem-anahuac/The one world) before and after the conquistadors showed up. Great book tbf.

J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
LBurna
One Love

Rap Worlds Cash: 290.50
LBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. BushLBurna is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to LBurna

9/10. i usually hate reading but O'Brien makes really good 'Nam novels. about to pick up Going After Cacciato soon

LBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
The Troof
Super Fly

I just re-read The Alchemist. Great book, real easy read. 9/10

Quote: