Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Entertainment & Comedy Corner
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Entertainment & Comedy Corner Talk about Video Games, Films, TV

Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Ferno

Rap Worlds Cash: 385.00
Ferno is popular memberFerno is popular memberFerno is popular memberFerno is popular memberFerno is popular memberFerno is popular memberFerno is popular memberFerno is popular member

Some upcoming films of 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The trailer had me interested from the start, Brad Pitt is a great actor and I think this will be a fantastic film.
The International
The last film I watched with Clive Owen was Shoot 'em Up and I thought it was awesome, I think this film has a pretty basic sounding plot but Clive Owen will probably bring it to life.
Assassination of a High School President
Surprisingly this film sounds like it will be better than most people think. Bruce Willis appears to have a semi-cameo role so that interests me anyway. But aside from that i've read that it's nothing like your typical High School movie so i'd like to see how it turns out.
Watchmen
From the Director of 300 (which I didn't like much) and Dawn of the Dead (which I thoroughly enjoyed) comes another adaptation of a graphic novel. This worries many people who know and love the graphic novel but having not read it I think I can look forward to it with an open mind. I know nothing about the story besides the basic plot, so i'm interested in this from hype alone really.
Monsters vs. Aliens
DreamWorks annual animation movie looks like its going to be very good. The story sounds very typical but I love the idea of human-turned-super and a mis-matched gang of them at that. The voice casting alone has me excited: Seth Rogen, Reese Witherspoon, Hugh Laurie, Paul Rudd and Kiefer Sutherland. Can't wait for this.
Dragonball Evolution
Yes it will be cheesey. Yes the casting of Goku is rather questionable. But I think it'll be any DragonBall follower's dream (old and new) to see this as a live action movie. The trailer boasts some nice shiny looking visual effects and martian arts action sequences which are always fun.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Hugh Jackman is the perfect casting for Wolverine and i've been waiting for this for years. Ryan Reynolds is also a good actor (playing Deadpool) along with Dominic Monaghan (Beak) co-starring. As an added bonus for me, Gambit is gonna be in the film so it should be awesome anyway. Should be interesting to see Wolverine build up his hatred for Victor Creed and the Weapon X program in action.
Up
Pixar seem to have created something very original sounding here and I think it'll be a great fun film. Pixar don't let us down so it should be very good.
Inglourious Basterds
Brad Pitt will hopefully shine in this world war film and i'm glad Samuel L. Jackson wont be able to ruin it with his presence as he's just a narrator. I really don't like Tarrantino, even more so as a person... But some of his films are at least "OK" so i'll give it a chance.
Terminator: Salvation
One of my favourite actors, Christian Bale stars as John Connor in a world where the human race are nearly wiped out (finally). I'm excited to see if it can top Terminator 2 and i'm hopeful it will certainly be better than the third. Lets face it, Bale is never in a bad film.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Despite what many say, I loved the first Transformers even though it was lacking robots and made it difficult for audiences to see what exactly was going on. Shia returns with Megan Fox and the Autobots. A universal war with reinforcements on both sides will be an epic battle and I can't wait.
Public Enemies
Michal Mann directs this which sounds great because he was also involved in Ali and Collateral which were both amazing. Christian Bale and Johnny Depp star, so i'm excited about that.
Roland Emmerich is the Godfather when it comes to distaster movies and this looks like its going to be great. The effects will be amazing and the cast looks awesome too, with John Cusack as the lead who is another favourite actor of mine.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
After being annoyed at the delay in release i'm now excited again because Harry Potter is a big love of mine and I can't wait. The cast is epic as always and the stories that I know and love (too well) get to be somewhat butchered on screen. But I don't mind because it's a different form of media and I think of it as a seperate minds take on the stories; the books can stay amazing in my own mind regardless of whats on film.
Land of the Lost
I don't know much about this film other than there are dinosaurs and that Will Ferrel stars. Sounds like it's his chance to shine in a more serious role and for that i'm interested.
The Taking of Pelham 123
Denzel Washington is amazing and just from knowing he stars I assured myself this would be good. Man on Fire was epic and both are by Tony Scott, so I can safely say this will be one of the highlights of 2009.
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
Sienna Miller in leather. What? But seriously, I like Brendan Frasier and Christopher Eccleston so I kinda wanna watch it based on the cast.
Where the Wild Things Are
Adapted from a children's story, which i'm unfamiliar with but it has an interesting plot and stars Forest Whitaker.
The Box
This is very Twilight Zone sounding but it has a nice case and a cool sounding story. I think it will be an good thriller movie, but nothing spectacular, like The Number 23.
Sherlock Holmes
A classic story with a good director and cast. Guy Ritchie is an interesting choice for Direction and this intrigues me because it could be a step in a new direction for him.
Surrogates
It's Bruce Willis. Cops. And Robots. RAWR, Manly. Should be a decent movie.
Jennifer's Body
It's a comedy-horror with Megan Fox, who is just hot... So that interested me to take a look. J.K. Simmons is in it and he's just ace no matter how small his role is.
Push
Dakota Fanning gets another chance to show off what an amazing actress she is, along with Chris Evans. It's super powers and secret agencies... Nothing spectacular but will still be great.
Angels & Demons
I loved The DaVinci Code and i've been looking forward to this ever since. I'm just sad Audrey Tautou can't be back because she's lovely.
Seven Pounds
It's Will Smith in a serious drama which is always a great combination. The Pursuit of Happyness is one of, if not the best Will Smith movie to date and i'm hoping this will be even better.

http://www.myspace.com/chchanes

Ferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Blazе
Rap Worlds God

Rap Worlds Cash: 165.02
Blazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. BushBlazе is bigger than George W. Bush

Re: Some upcoming films of 2009

Quote:
Inglourious Basterds
Brad Pitt will hopefully shine in this world war film and i'm glad Samuel L. Jackson wont be able to ruin it with his presence as he's just a narrator. I really don't like Tarrantino, even more so as a person... But some of his films are at least "OK" so i'll give it a chance.

You fail. You fail hard.

Sam Jackson is class... I can't even type right now. He was amazing in Pulp fiction, why would you not want him in another movie with Tarrantino?
Blazе is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:21 AM   #3
.Alkajazz.
Loremaster

Rap Worlds Cash: 80.33
.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush.Alkajazz. is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via AIM to .Alkajazz. Send a message via MSN to .Alkajazz.

Quote:
Inglourious Basterds
WOW JUST WOW. Sam jackson was the best thing about Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown
Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 AM   #4
Dütch
Shagged Barz' Mum

Rap Worlds Cash: 50354790.00
Dütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. BushDütch is bigger than George W. Bush

Send a message via MSN to Dütch

The guy said he doesnt like Tarantino, therefore his opinion, especially on matters regarding Sam Jackson, is null and void.

Dütch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Saint Bastard
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 2035.00
Saint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka upSaint Bastard is smoking this mutharfucka up

my mate was an extra in the sherlock holmes movie

Who's arm is this?
I must have cut it off of the pharmacist
and refused to renew my seventh prescription of darvocets
I'm the old man who lives upstairs and starves his pets
and never leaves his house 'cause he thinks his car's possessed
Saint Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
J.R.
F.Y.I.R.B.

Rap Worlds Cash: 2376470.31
J.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. BushJ.R. is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 2

Send a message via MSN to J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastard View Post
my mate was an extra in the sherlock holmes movie
Did he get an oscar? Lol. But yea Inglorious Basterds should be class.

J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
Metatron
The Abstract

Rap Worlds Cash: 150.75
Metatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. BushMetatron is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferno View Post
Roland Emmerich is the Godfather when it comes to distaster movies and this looks like its going to be great. The effects will be amazing and the cast looks awesome too, with John Cusack as the lead who is another favourite actor of mine.
This will be the best movie of the year.
Metatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
Kosgrove
EGHCK!

Rap Worlds Cash: 187848.00
Kosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. BushKosgrove is bigger than George W. Bush

Lol I don't think he actually wrote this, think it was just a copy and paste job so I won't go into those mad opinions...

Kosgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
Ari Gold
The Gold Standard

Rap Worlds Cash: 580.50
Ari Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. BushAri Gold is bigger than George W. Bush

Guy Ritchie's films are always badass (Snatch>)...probably my favorite director along with Tarrantino. Lookin forward to Sherlock Holmes & Inglourious Basterds the most, then Transformers & Wolverine.

Anybody else think It'll be wierd seeing Depp in a Tarrantino film? Wonder how that's gonna turn out...

Ari Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Killuminati96
Rap Worlds God

Rap Worlds Cash: 1315.00
Killuminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. BushKilluminati96 is bigger than George W. Bush

Some of those movies sound interesting though I like the list of upcoming horror movies that's on Bloody-Disgusting.com better.