Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Hip Hop Forum Exclusively talk about rap & hip hop.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:57 AM   #1
Damien J.
Crazy Mutharfucka

Rap Worlds Cash: 7520.00
Damien J. is slowly elevating to the top.Damien J. is slowly elevating to the top.

Send a message via AIM to Damien J.
Nas Drafts Kanye, will.i.am, Marley For New 'Hip-Hop'

New York rapper Nas is close to putting the finishing touches on his Def Jam debut, "Hip-Hop Is Dead ... The N," due Dec. 19. The album features collaborations with Kanye West, Dr. Dre, the Game, Damien "Jr. Gong" Marley and the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am, who produced the Iron Butterfly-sampling title track.

On that song, Nas claims to be "on my second marriage / hip-hop's my first wife," and also cleverly references his new home: "Like my girl Foxy, a n**** went Def." The cut lifts the immortal riff from Iron Butterfly's "Inna Gadda Davida."

Another track, "White Man's Paper," is pounding, reggae-influenced cut with a thick, dubby bassline, while "Still Dreamin'" finds Nas trading verses with West. "QB True G" boasts the talents of the Game on the mic and Dr. Dre behind the boards.

"Hip-Hop Is Dead" will be the follow-up to 2004's "Streets Disciple," which peaked at No. 5 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 699,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The disc will be one of two albums to be jointly marketed by Def Jam and Columbia, Nas' previous label.

This report is provided by Billboard.com

Damien J. is offline   Reply With Quote