Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Hip Hop Forum Exclusively talk about rap & hip hop.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Young L
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 1195.00
Young L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad game

The most overrated rapper in the history of hip hop is .....

(In my view)

The Notorious BIG

Let the onslaught begin!!!

First of let me say dude was nice on the mic, but heres my reasons tho

- Could never hold my attention for a whole album. Could make amazing tracks but always got tired of him quick.

- I find parts of Ready to die boring.

- Life after death is fairly patchy, alot of tracks to me are wack. If it was slimmed down it could have been an all time great album to me.

- He was always over hyped cause he could sell and was from NY.

- His discography cannot match dozens of other rappers.

- Alot of his tunes in the end were corny rn'b crossover pop shit that I didn't care for.

-Puffy seriously harmed his career

-He was active from 92, 2 albums in 5 years

-He was faker than any other rapper in history, dude went to private school and never lived in no one room shack.

-He came across as this playa and mack but have you seen his first wife/girl.
She looked liked someone had attacked her face with a shovel.

Just my take on Biggie, I like alot of his tunes but he is WAY ovcerrated.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 AM   #2
Florida Breeze
Pimp Chad Since 88

Rap Worlds Cash: 33430.00
Florida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 7

Send a message via AIM to Florida Breeze
Re: The most overrated rapper in the history of hip hop is .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young L View Post
(In my view)

The Notorious BIG

Let the onslaught begin!!!

First of let me say dude was nice on the mic, but heres my reasons tho

- Could never hold my attention for a whole album. Could make amazing tracks but always got tired of him quick.

- I find parts of Ready to die boring.

- Life after death is fairly patchy, alot of tracks to me are wack. If it was slimmed down it could have been an all time great album to me.

- He was always over hyped cause he could sell and was from NY.

- His discography cannot match dozens of other rappers.

- Alot of his tunes in the end were corny rn'b crossover pop shit that I didn't care for.

-Puffy seriously harmed his career

-He was active from 92, 2 albums in 5 years

-He was faker than any other rapper in history, dude went to private school and never lived in no one room shack.

-He came across as this playa and mack but have you seen his first wife/girl.
She looked liked someone had attacked her face with a shovel.

Just my take on Biggie, I like alot of his tunes but he is WAY ovcerrated.

- His discography consists of 2 classic albums, he died when he was 24
- He released 2 classics in 3 years, instead of rushing his shit to release an album or two every year to sell records. Plus, his second album was a double album.
-He fucked Lil Kim and Charlie Baltimore and who knows who else while he was married to Faith Evans. The dude was a player. If he wasn't beforehand, the money certainly made him one.

Biggie was in no way overrated. In fact, he was underrated for a number of years...

His respect as Pac's equal has only come in the past few years in my opinion.

People were still on Pac's nuts for a number of years before they truly realized how good Biggie was.

INI ft. Pete Rock

Fakin Jax'

Last edited by Florida Breeze; 11-13-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Florida Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #3
Young L
Home Dogg

Young L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad gameYoung L has mad game

Its opinions tho, I don't rate his albums as high as you as I said
Old 11-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
D^Coy
RW FL Studio Tech

Rap Worlds Cash: 339396.00
D^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. BushD^Coy is bigger than George W. Bush

Maybe he meant Tupac...

Heh.
D^Coy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Florida Breeze
Pimp Chad Since 88

Rap Worlds Cash: 33430.00
Florida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. BushFlorida Breeze is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 0
Lost: 7

Send a message via AIM to Florida Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young L View Post
Its opinions tho, I don't rate his albums as high as you as I said

Fair enough, but you put down your view I put down mine. Expect more of the same in this thread.

INI ft. Pete Rock

Fakin Jax'

Florida Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:25 AM   #6
ult1matum
^Ironic

Rap Worlds Cash: 25.00
ult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worldsult1matum owns Rap Worlds

i disagree i think nas is easily the most overrated rapper. dudes flow is basic as fuck. his delivery and hooks arent great either imo. only thing that makes him a top 10 rapper in my mind is his lyrics.
ult1matum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
tbrealtbcool
capo di tutti capi

Rap Worlds Cash: 5924.00
tbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bushtbrealtbcool is bigger than George W. Bush

I would say 2Pac and Jay-Z probably.

I see where you are coming from, but for me I like biggie especially when I'm in a mood to listen to his shit. He doesn't have much but it has a high percentage of dopeness that makes up for a lack of material.

Last edited by tbrealtbcool; 11-13-2007 at 07:32 AM.
tbrealtbcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #8
mageisgreat
Crazy Mutharfucka

Rap Worlds Cash: 4030.00
mageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illest

First of all, most is opinion which cant be biased.

Lemme state facts then opposing the bullshit you spewed.

"He went to a private school" "He never lived in a bad apartment"

Ok....My boy Deniel is from from brooklyn, bedstuy and clinton hill, His parents moved from moscow in 92 to get here. They lived in a 1 room apartment, dead broke. My point of saying this, is if you live in that bad of an area and dont put your kid in private school, he may just drop out and quit right there. 80 percent of the kids are arrested or quarintined by the age of 14 because of there sorroundings. His mom worked at a bodega and his dad worked for a jewler since he had a degree from russia, but bottom line biggies mom did her best obviously to put his ass in private school. Was it proven biggie lived in a 3 room apartment or some shit? I never heard that.

But truth be told, you can hear biggie talk about his mom being smart as hell with ways to get money to provide certain things. He probably did live in the ghetto but went to private school (Going alone with what I said above)
mageisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #9
Young L
Home Dogg

I can see and appreciate why some people hold him in such high asteem, but to me he was overated. He had good skills and was an amazing artists tho.

Take for example when Biggie died in 97, I thought Nas's first 2 albums were better than Biggie's. I thought Nas was the man more than BIG. I enjoyed Illmatic and It was written better than Ready to die and LAD. I think people got carried away with the whole east/west and Big being King of NY, when at that time Nas in my eyes was the better artist. Biggie crossed over better to the masses tho so everyone stood behind him.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #10
mageisgreat
Crazy Mutharfucka

Rap Worlds Cash: 4030.00
mageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illestmageisgreat is one of the illest

Why did you dodge everything I said? I think I proved a very important point son.
mageisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote