Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Hip Hop Forum Exclusively talk about rap & hip hop.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-26-2005, 02:03 PM   #1
steral
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 34.00
steral is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Smile I made a mixtape how to I get it publshed?

how do I get my mixtape published? How dooes funk flex and all these other dj's on mixunit get their dj's published and out for people to purchase? Money is no object. I have made about 600 copies of it. Any help would be appreciated.
steral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
T.Bone
Vanilla Killa

Rap Worlds Cash: 619.00
T.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap Worlds

Send a message via MSN to T.Bone
Re: I made a mixtape how to I get it publshed?

well you can start by going on www.soundclick.com and puttin ya songs on there for people to listen

T.Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
steral
Rookie

I dont have time to do that. Just a couple of people will listen. I want to get it out across america and in stores so people can start buying it. How can I do that?
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #4
T.Bone
Vanilla Killa

T.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap WorldsT.Bone is a strong force on Rap Worlds

get a deal?

Old 06-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
SixCityCapo
Crazy Mutharfucka

SixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap WorldsSixCityCapo is a strong force on Rap Worlds

then get a group of *****s to sell them on the street or goes to stores that sell bootlegs and ask them to sell(usually they'll charge a small fee)
Old 06-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #6
M. Applewhite
Very Superficial.

Rap Worlds Cash: 633.90
M. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. BushM. Applewhite is bigger than George W. Bush

Get out on the corner... with a megaphone...
Old 06-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #7
T.Bone
Vanilla Killa

^^lmfao *priceless*

Old 06-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #8
steral
Rookie

If I go to stores and tell them to sell it in their stores. How much should they pay me for the albums. How do the payments work? Do they pay me per album that they sell. What if they lyin? Lemme know
Old 06-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #9
olivia34
Please Confirm Email

Rap Worlds Cash: 8.00
olivia34 is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

hi send your demo tape to
dogg style records
attn: a&r
department bar blvd
.504 diamond bar ,
ca 91765
thank you for takeing time to read this message hopefully i will see your music on the telvision that address is to send demos to snoop dogg
olivia34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #10
The Spectrum
5 Star General

Rap Worlds Cash: 4502.00
The Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illestThe Spectrum is one of the illest

Send a message via AIM to The Spectrum Send a message via MSN to The Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by steral
how do I get my mixtape published? How dooes funk flex and all these other dj's on mixunit get their dj's published and out for people to purchase? Money is no object. I have made about 600 copies of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Dont listen to anyone, their all fools talking shit because they dont know better.

If you want to publish your music you should acquire a lawyer, particularly one that specializes with music and entertainment, look up the yellow pages and you ought to find one.

There are also lots of internet sites which can do services like that for you.

http://www.emimusicpub.com/worldwide/index.html

is a start

there is also some type of office in america that deals with copyrighting your stuff....Im not sure exactly what its called cause Im in Canada but ask around cause I know something like that exists.

Quote:
I want to get it out across america and in stores so people can start buying it. How can I do that?
You need a distribution deal. A company like Koch can do that for you but they wont give you one until you have some sort of buzz or exposure, which I highly doubt. You would have to be rocking shows locally, opening shows for big acts, and then maybe build up some reputation and feed off that, then go with your Manager / Lawyer to Koch representatives and talk business.

Quote:
If I go to stores and tell them to sell it in their stores. How much should they pay me for the albums. How do the payments work? Do they pay me per album that they sell. What if they lyin? Lemme know
A major chain operated retail music store prolly wont do that. They'll laugh at you, but small privately owned stores or mom and pop shops will. Once again it depends on your buzz and how well your known. If your getting airtime on the local radio station or some shit then you got a chance to convince them to buy a couple copies. If you got people going into a store asking for you then the owners will obviously cop some copies off you direct.

Koch will give you aprx. 6 dollars a copy.
Private record shops it differs, anywhere from 1-7 dollars you can get.
If your a hustler you'll get top dollars for it, if your a punk kid your gettin 1 dollar.

It seems to me however your just a young kid and have no clue how the music industry works. People like you get taken advantage of. What I would do is just go to open mics and freestyle joints and get a reputation out. Assemble a street team with your homies and sell your tapes out of your trunk or back pack. If y'all some real hustlers and your product is HOT, you can push a couple of thousand tapes. Sell em at 5 to 10 dollars a pop and do the math. 10 000 tapes times 10 dollars = 100 000 grand CASH TAX FREE

Thats how Lil Flip first came to prominence.
Thats how Master P did his hustle.
Thats how 90% of emcees come up.

Then you wont need to be asking dumb questions like this.
Distributers and companies will be coming to you instead of you to them.

good luck with your shit and get a lawyer
The Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote