Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Main Category > Hip Hop Forum
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

Hip Hop Forum Exclusively talk about rap & hip hop.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
Sirius Black
Home Dogg

Rap Worlds Cash: 1460.50
Sirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap Worlds

Beastie Boys announce instrumental album

The Beastie Boys have detailed their upcoming new album. The record is titled "The Mix-Up" (view artwork here) and is due out June 26, 2007. As reported earlier, the record will be sample-free. But that's not the only thing that will be missing from the record, apparently there will be no vocals either - reprots Punknews.org.
"The Mix-Up" will feature the band back on drums, guitar and bass, with assistance from Keyboardist Money Mark and percussionist Alfredo Ortiz. The band is promising 12 brand new wordless, sample-less, scratchless originals. While "The In Sound From Way Out" was instrumental, it was largely composed of cuts from "Check Your Head" and "Ill Communication", and Mike Diamond recently discussed the influences on the new material:
"But as different as [it] might be from To the 5 Boroughs, it's equally different from instrumental songs we've done before, like the ones that were on The In Sound From Way Out! That was kind of one direction and this one [has] different influences, like Public Image Ltd., Gang of Four, the Slits, Killing Joke."
The trio has not released new studio material since 2004's To The 5 Boroughs but in the interim released both their second hits compilation, Solid Gold Hits and the guerilla-filmmaker style live DVD, Awesome: I Fuckiní Shot That! DVD.
The tracklisting is as follows:
01. B For My Name
02. 14th St. Break
03. Suco De Tangerina
04. The Gala Event
05. Electric Worm
06. Freaky Hijiki
07. Off The Grid
08. The Rat Cage
09. The Melee
10. Dramastically Different *
11. The Cousin Of Death
12. The Kangaroo Rat
* - that's not a typo.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Hayzoos
Mission: Bumallurdads

Rap Worlds Cash: 24806.00
Hayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. BushHayzoos is bigger than George W. Bush

Re: Beastie Boys announce instrumental album

Beastie Boys rarely dissapoint, but why would they make an instrumental album?

Don't rep me asking for reps back.
Homie don't play dat.

[09-09, 23:58] Eko Ren You need good credit to buy a decent computer.
[09-09, 23:58] N.I.N.E. *****s dont 'buy' they steal

Hayzoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Sirius Black
Home Dogg

Sirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap WorldsSirius Black is a strong force on Rap Worlds

Dunno, but they have successfully reinvented themselves before.

According to a member of the BB fan board who attended the listening party, it doesn't disappoint:
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=79539
Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
Plug Zero
Friggin Azalea Bushes

Rap Worlds Cash: 150.00
Plug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. Bush

hey, I'm a part of that board too!

Plug Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
Mr.Write
Poetries Silhouette

Rap Worlds Cash: 217.50
Mr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka upMr.Write is smoking this mutharfucka up

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Write Send a message via MSN to Mr.Write Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Write

meh i aint really gonna feel them....but nice to see them trying again

Mr.Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
Plug Zero
Friggin Azalea Bushes

Plug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. BushPlug Zero is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Beastie Boys rarely dissapoint, but why would they make an instrumental album?
Well I think they take a lot of what is said on the message board into consideration. And I remember a lot of people were disappointed that TT5B had absolutely no instrumental stuff on it. If you ask me though, they're over compensating by doing this 100% instrumental. I'll probably end up liking it anyway, and you can bet I'll be buying it the minute it comes out.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
Sirius Black
Home Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plug Zer0 View Post
Well I think they take a lot of what is said on the message board into consideration. And I remember a lot of people were disappointed that TT5B had absolutely no instrumental stuff on it. If you ask me though, they're over compensating by doing this 100% instrumental. I'll probably end up liking it anyway, and you can bet I'll be buying it the minute it comes out.
Yeah, I liked TT5B. But I would have liked the new record to be like Check Your Head and Ill Communication because they rapped AND played instruments on those records.
I'll probably like the new record anyhow though, they are sure to have something to make it an interesting record.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #8
Plug Zero
Friggin Azalea Bushes

Yeah, Check Your Head was the perfect balance.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:00 AM   #9
Sirius Black
Home Dogg

I'm on that board too, but I tend just to read rather than post myself.