Rap Worlds Forums  

Go Back   Rap Worlds Forums > Artists > Jay Z
Home Gallery Battle Statistics Store Poker Arcade Links Link Us Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Jay the Best Rapper Alive
Yes 56 19.31%
No 234 80.69%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #31
Han Solo
Rap Worlds God

Rap Worlds Cash: 9919.00
Han Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka upHan Solo is smoking this mutharfucka up

Won: 38
Lost: 13

Send a message via AIM to Han Solo
Re: Is Jay Z The Best Rapper Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_O_V
Why do people act like Jay Z dont spit lyrical shit, or got some tight punchlines. People just be hatin on him for no dam reason and making stupid fuckin comments about him after listenen to 2 of his tracks.
I am a fan, i sometimes vibe off his flow in my lyrics..but i am a bigger fan of people like nas, rakim, ras kass, and the wu. Your still missing what i am saying...i think this conversation is about whether or not Jay is the GREATEST LYRICIST alive..I kinda feel like saying that is like saying Bush is the best president we've had since Jimmy Carter. Becuz Jay's focus on rap was for the business aspect, he's a hustler...so he saw a spot open in music where no one was taking it over and he did that, that's what a good hustler does they're not afraid of challenges. But if you say the "greatest alive", you HAVE to take into account his lyricism. And the truth is, he has gotten watered down over the years, he just knows how to write things that will sell, not really things that will impress hardcore listeners cuz he knows there's only so many of 'em nowadays and that's not where the money's at.

Even if i st-st stuttered...i would still take a shit on you.
Han Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #32
Donmega
Aka: Mc Ice

Rap Worlds Cash: 30.00
Donmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. BushDonmega is bigger than George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Witherspoon
^i second that.

But i'm not buying the shit about GZA being better than Rakim. Your are talking about two people who are masters at battling, punchlines, wordplay, and imagery. sometimes so suddle people don't catch on to it, i've been saying it for years:

...this is when wutang first showed, Gza has a verse that to ME rivals, unforgetable verses like Kane's on Marley Marl's Symphony and Redmans on Full cooperation..

"first of..who's ya' A&R?
a mountain climber, who plays..and electric guitar?
but he don't know the meaning of dope
when he's looking for a "suit and tie" rap,
that's cleaner than a bar of soap
and i'm the dirtiest thing in sight, matter fact
bring out the girls, and lets have a mud fight"

GZA is better than Nas, and Nas is handsdown one of the greatest.
Both are better than Jay, Jay was nice during Reasonable Doubt...
still, then you couldn't compare it to shit from Nas and Gza. Jay knows how to sell records, that's all...50 is doing the exact same shit and people fall for it! Does that also make 50 one of the best rappers of all time?! becuz he can entertain you! They're all crowd pleasers...those that wanna hear an artist with uniqueness and display lyricism that is vast and intelligible in writing will listen to GZA, Nas, or Rakim, and respect it. Those who don't care about extensive lyric ability but can enjoy a simple song that don't require much thought or imagination listen to 50 and Jay.

And if you think Gza is still better than Rakim, listen joints like "know the ledge", "follow the leader", and "Let the rhythm hit'em". He is and originator of sudle disses, sharply clever lines, and concept writing, before you heard some of Gza joints.

"so whenever you see me, come up freeze/
............or you'll be one of those seven emcees/"
i got rakims 18th letter/book of life & The Master

but i still think that GZA is a better lyricits

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:14 PM   #33
The FranchiZe
Intricate Syndicate

Rap Worlds Cash: 1222.50
The FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap WorldsThe FranchiZe is a strong force on Rap Worlds

Won: 5
Lost: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Ice
i got rakims 18th letter/book of life & The Master

but i still think that GZA is a better lyricits
^And that my friends, is the beauty of an argument with no exact answer. That's an opinion I can respect since GZA is fuckin' sick.

Here's a pic: http://rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110124

I'm a great with skill and poise from the state of Illinois
And the only MJ I looked up to wasn't rapin' little boys
- The 'ChiZe
The FranchiZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #34
~Kobr@~
Rookie

~Kobr@~ is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I'd rather put it on NO ONE. How the fuck can you call someone the greatest rapper alive? We've haven't listened to all there is to hear.... This is an opinion.... I've heard better than Jay-Z.....
I agree wit ya on that one.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:03 PM   #35
BIGBENT73
THE JERZEY DEVIL

Rap Worlds Cash: 1640.00
BIGBENT73 is a quality memberBIGBENT73 is a quality memberBIGBENT73 is a quality memberBIGBENT73 is a quality memberBIGBENT73 is a quality memberBIGBENT73 is a quality member

Won: 0
Lost: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvickXL
In my opinion Jay is the best rapper alive. His wordplay is bananas, his freestyles, no one can fuck wit he's got the total package that u want in an MC

did you ever look at jay's lyrics, how many of them u think he took fromothers peeps songs?

loads!!!!!!!

jus 1 example.

couldnt bust a grape in a fruit fight.

he took that from an old LL song . dam my mind is blank, but im thinkin song is called steppin to a.m. but i know thats an old 3rd base song!!!!!!

BRINGIN HARDER PUNCHES THAN OL' LADIES!!!!!!

ILL DEF, WHO WANTS IT!!!
BIGBENT73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:26 PM   #36
H_O_V
the HHF

Rap Worlds Cash: 2168.28
H_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. BushH_O_V is bigger than George W. Bush

^All rappers bite in some form or another, people act like Jay is the only one to do it. Shit music is recycled constantly by everyone.
H_O_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #37
Packo X
~Inshallah~

Rap Worlds Cash: 82.00
Packo X is whack

Send a message via MSN to Packo X

Hell no is jay z the greatest rapper alive.. Nas walks all over him, not to forget Fabolous, or if we're to go underground then someone like Immortal Technique would eat Hova for breakfast.

...::PACKO X::...
Packo X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #38
jokester

Rap Worlds Cash: 605.00
jokester is slowly elevating to the top.jokester is slowly elevating to the top.

yeah, if its promoting, touring, record sales, the yeah, its jay, but im a canibus dude myself.

"Oh yes, fill the churches with dirty thoughts, Introduce honesty into the white house, write letters in dead languages to people you have never met, paint filthy words on the foreheads of children, burn your credit cards and wear high heels, ASYLUM DOORS STAND OPEN! Fill the suburbs with murder and rape, Divine madness, Let there be ecstacy, ECSTACY IN THE STREETS!
Laugh and the world laughs with you!" [THE JOKER]

jokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:50 AM   #39
DieN
Rookie

Rap Worlds Cash: 300.00
DieN is near the bottom of the Rap Worlds Hierarchy

Well, Not Everyone Wants To Go Mainstream, Some Stay Underground Because They Love Rap/Battling, They Don't Give A Fuck About Bein' Rich Or Touring.. So With That Said, I Think There Realy Is Not/Wasn't A "Greatest Emcee"
DieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #40
K0NKLU510N
Administrator

Rap Worlds Cash: 85.00
K0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. BushK0NKLU510N is bigger than George W. Bush

Won: 1
Lost: 0

Won: 0
Lost: 1

Send a message via AIM to K0NKLU510N Send a message via MSN to K0NKLU510N Send a message via Yahoo to K0NKLU510N Send a message via Skype™ to K0NKLU510N

jay-z has some good linez but i'd rather listen to nas, i like nas's flow